Friday, April 10, 2009

Go for the "Blue"!

To catch you up, the Blue Team for the 2009 Gazette Healthy Challenge was selected (and weighed in) on March 31st. The Blue Team members are:

David Drayer
Richard Feld
Susan Feidelman
Jen Green (me)
Tina Hardy

We began meeting with our trainers (Eric, Kim and Benny) at RIO Sport & Health on Monday, April 6th for orientation. We will be meeting with our trainers for team workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Our meals from the fabulous, Diet to Go began on Tuesday April 7th. In case you did not know, Diet to Go is donating all of our meals for the entire 12 weeks. Now we do not have to think about what we are going to eat - simply heat it up. So far, every meal has been delicious.

The first "butt kicking" workout was on April 8th and boy am I still feeling the pain. Our RIO Sport & Health trainers Benny and Kim were able to cause muscles to ache that I didn't even know existed. They kept us moving the entire time and I was suprised when the hour was over. I could barely walk down the stairs to leave. Ouch! The next morning, I was not as sore as I thought I would be; but as the day progressed, I felt the pain.

Tonight is our 2nd workout and I am a little anxious. I know that Benny will make us work and I pray that I will be able to keep up.

Keep checking back for updates from the team as we Go for the "Blue". Be sure to also keep track of our weigh-ins and other news at: http://www.gazettehealthychallenge.net/

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment