Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Maybe even more...

Hi, everyone! So... Tuesday posts usually reveal our weigh-in... and of course, remember the weigh-in tonight is a week ahead of the paper.

(Drum roll please)

I lost 5.5 pounds. Can you believe it? That means that I have lost 20.5 pounds so far. While it is true that I have bumped up my cardio, I want to give all of the glory to God. This morning during my bible study, God showed me the number 177. I kind of laughed it off just like Abraham did when God told him that Sarah would have a baby at their old age. I know that ANYTHING is possible with God and I give God all of the credit. God has showed me where there was time in my day to workout. God has helped me get through tough situations without making the wrong food choices. I am just so truly blessed that God is with me all of the way and I KNOW that God can give me the confidence to finish this competition strong. (Did I mention that I am in Seminary studying to get my Masters in Youth Ministry?)

Okay, enough about me, here is the weight loss for Week 5:

David Drayer: -0.5 lbs.
Richard Feld: -2.0 lbs.
Susan Feidelman: -1.0 lbs.
Jen Green: -1.5 lbs.
Tina Hardy: -2.0 lbs.

There was much disappointment this week. We expected to lose more, but slow and steady always wins the race. Maybe we are at a point where our bodies are waking up to what we are doing. And we need to jump start it again. I think back to before the competition... I would have given my first born to lose a pound in a week (maybe not, I really love my children) and we are still ALL losing weight. We cannot expect HUGE weight losses each week.

All I know is that I think we all can reach our goals. I really feel like I can reach my goal to lose 30 pounds in 12 weeks... and at this point, maybe even more.

1 comment:

  1. Wow awesome. God is always in control and Praise HIS name on the mountain tops.. 5.5 more lbs. Great Job Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete