Thursday, May 7, 2009

No letting up...

Even though we "won" this week, the trainers did not let up on us. In fact, they pushed us even harder. I felt like last night's workout was the toughest yet. When Kim and Benny said that we were done, all 5 of us just laid there. We were exhausted. We had been pushed to our limit. Kim said, "let's bring it in as a team over here" and I thought, "can I do it long distance?" After our quick, "Team Blue", Tina and I said at the exact same time, "Where's the elevator?" We could not bring our bodies down the stairs to leave. Of course we managed since there was not an elevator, but had there been one; I promise I would have taken it down one floor.

First they broke us up in two (random) groups. Rich and Tina went to do 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill and elliptical, while, Susan, David and I did the weight training. The weight training consisted of: squats while lifting weight with our arms straight out in front of us for a minute, in a squat position doing rows with our weights and then straight out to our sides, push-ups on the bench, hip lifts (or something along those lines) with us laying on the big balls and lifting both of our legs straight up and down slowly, side squats with a rubber-band around our knees, and finally wall sits. We did two reps of this and then we switched with Rich and Tina.

I had thought the cardio part would be easier, but after I did the elliptical for 15 minutes, Benny put me on the treadmill at 10% incline at 3.5 speed level. I felt like I was going to fall off. I started to run on it and Kim said to walk. I could not imagine walking that fast. After about 5 minutes, I felt like I was getting a "charlie horse" in my right calf, so Benny lowered the incline to 5%. After 20 minutes I felt good and knew we were done, but we still had our AB workout.

For the Ab workout: we laid on our backs in the "pencil" position and with weighted ball lifted up and touched our toes and rolled back down, sat up with our knees bent and moved the weighted ball form hip to hip, laid back on our elbows and did scissors kicks, and finally a plank each for a minute. We did two sets of these.

Can you see why we were tired? I guess there is no letting up - even if we are in the lead.

1 comment:

  1. wow that seems so hard, but no rest for the 16.5 pounds that are working their weay off.

    ReplyDelete